Engineering Lab Technician
Provide dedicated support to educational and research activities in engineering laboratories.
Responsibilities will include pro-actively maintaining and improving engineering research and teaching labs (with particular emphasis on electronics and instrumentation systems).
Working with students and faculty to set up experiments and help in designing and fabricating project components for student club and senior design projects.
Assist with identifying, locating, and purchasing of electronic components and equipment.
Verify basic functionality of laboratory test and measurement equipment, and identify and coordinate repair options as required.
A two-year technical degree or equivalent professional job-related
experience as well as knowledge and experience in working with electronics, data acquisition (including sensors and instrumentation), and circuit board layout, fabrication, population, and testing (especially with surface mount devices).
Specific skills that are sought include knowledge of data acquisition software (such as Labview), computer-aided design software (such as EagleCAD, DipTrace, PSpice), electrical controls, and power electronics. Advanced computer skills also desired as well as familiarity with the Windows operating system and Windows-based applications.
- Avionics experience.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and teach on-going
certification workshops in industry electrical/electronic
workmanship standards including:
• IPC-A-610 CIT
• IPC J-STD-001 CIT
• IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott