Job Code/Title 81761 - H - Counselor HS 1 Position Number HU1149 Working Title Therapist Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $30/hour Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20+/- Normal work days Varies Normal work hours Varies Job Category Medical/Clinical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? Yes Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? Yes Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
To provide counseling services for a multi-disciplinary, hospital based sexual and domestic violence program, dedicated to enhancing prevention and intervention services to victims and families experiencing intimate partner violence ( IPV ), domestic violence (DV) and sexual assault (SA).
Description of General Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Injury and Violence Prevention Program, will provide hospital and community based counseling services to survivors of IPV /DV/SA within the VCUHS with a focus on trauma-informed therapeutic interventions.
• Conduct 2-3 community groups for survivors of IPV /DV/SA.
• Initiate contact with internal and external providers and maintain a working relationship.
• Make appropriate referrals and follow-up with patients.
• Complete accurate and timely documentation of services including intakes, assessments, and safety plans.
• Complete monthly data collection requirements.
• Provide advocacy services for patients as necessary.
• Attend required meetings and supervision.
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience and training working with the IPV /DV/SA populations. Hospital and community experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the IPV /DV/SA service system.
• Knowledge of the principles of sound therapeutic practices with survivors of IPV /DV/SA, including working with the continuum of IPV /DV/SA.
• Understanding of victimization and demonstrate practices sensitive to the above populations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to provide group, individual and family counseling
• Must agree to CPS and criminal background check
• Ability to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary hospital program team
• Must be licensed social worker or counselor in the State of Virginia
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in one or more of the following: mental health counseling, marriage or family therapy, social work or related field.
• Previous employment or volunteer work in human services, community agencies or related non-profit or social change organizations a plus. Hospital and community experience preferred.
Job Open Date 10/23/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101304 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Counsellor Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond