University Code 19114 University Title Senior Executive Administrative Assistant 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Scope of Search Local Working Title Executive Assistant Position Number 590910 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department VP For Inclusive Excellence Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides administrative and operations support to the Vice President of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success ( IES ). They participate in the development and implementation of clerical standards, policies, and practices for the organization while maintaining confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. This position will also act as a liaison between the Vice President, and other internal and external officials and organizations. General duties include oversight for the Vice President’s office calendar, including cabinet level activities. The Executive Administrative Assistant assists with all aspects of planning special university-wide and community-based events (development advisory board, campus/community diversity programming, community outreach contacts, etc.)
- Provides administrative support for the Office Institutional Equity, Effectiveness, and Success. Exercises initiative and judgment in supporting the office’s daily activities. Coordinate with staff members to keep VP aware of issues and assist with solutions.
- Maintain the Vice President’s robust calendar and schedule select office-related engagements. Schedules, coordinates and organizes the VP’s daily calendar adjusting and rescheduling frequently to ensure complete accuracy of information. Utilize strong decision-making skills to define the importance, necessity, and time sensitivity of requests for the VP’s schedule.
- Acts as a liaison between the office and external stakeholders, to include university leadership.
- Serves as central point for high level inquiries/office interactions; handles calls, mail, and electronic correspondence with tact and professionalism.
- Anticipate administrator needs.
- Plan periodic large-scale events and celebrations.
- Serve as a receptionist and designated building manager.
- In consultation with fiscal administrator, maintain office supplies and identify equipment needs.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to prepare briefs
- Knowledge of budget and finance systems
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment toward advancing diversity and inclusion
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, and under limited supervision
- The ability to handle all aspects of virtual and live meeting logistics
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to serve as the face of a mission centered office
- Flexibility and the ability to navigate concurrent needs with ease
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrated job-related experience
- A high degree of professionalism confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience in higher education
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $50,000 - $90,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 10/23/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101330 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond