HVAC Helper - (STA006581)
Assists journey HVAC mechanic in repairing and maintaining heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems in university owned buildings.
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site, according to instructions.
- Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects and equipment; removes old equipment as required.
- Assist in the more routine maintenance chores, such as cleaning units, filter replacement, rust removal and repainting, draining and filling oil reservoirs.
- Cleans up after jobs at the work site and maintains shop clean and neat.
- Assists in maintaining tools and equipment in good condition, and in keeping supplies and parts in order.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and No experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. No experience is required.
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
The department has several Shifts for HVAC Helpers; Morning, Evening and Night Shifts. The hiring manager will determine the Shift to be worked based on the need upon hiring.
- HVAC certification a plus
- 1 year or more of HVAC experience a plus
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Applicants please include three (3) professional references with your attachments.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston