Lecturers/Senior Lecturers of Accounting * 3 Positions
About Ulster University:
University of Ulster, located in Northern Ireland, UK, is one of the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old, Ulster is a young, dynamic and innovative university with a spirit that transforms lives, stretches minds, develops skills and raises ambitions. Ulster is consistently regarded as one of the most outward-looking institutions in the world, ranked in the top 25% of UK universities for world-leading research based on research power in REF 2014 with 72% of our research activity regarded as ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’. Ulster also has a proven track record in research innovation with the creation of 19 spin-off companies with a combined turnover of £21 million and employing almost 300 staff.
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics(DUFE), founded in 1952, is located in the coastal city of Dalian which is a welcoming vibrant city with a comfortable climate. With the mission of “cultivating outstanding financial talents and serving economic and social development”, DUFE is a remarkable co-ordinated university which is famous for it’s achievements in economics, management, law, literature and science. DUFE began substantive international exchanges in the 1980s, and started Sino-foreign co-operation in running schools in 1994, as well as gradually forming a school ethos of “high standard and internationalization ”.
About the programme:
The co-operation between Dongbei University of Finance and Economics and the University of Ulster began in 2003. In order to strengthen the advantages of the accounting major at DUFE, expand the international exchange and co-operation in teaching and research in this major as well as cultivate more innovative and international graduates of accounting, DUFE and Ulster University co-operated to start the accounting programme. In 2009 the project was reviewed by the Ministry of Education in China, and it was approved by the MOE in 2011. The project aims to cultivate international accounting talents with expertise, professional skills and comparative advantage in the increasingly competitive employment market through the co-operation between Chinese and foreign universities. By the end of 2016, the number of graduated students in this programme had reached 86.
Teacher Job Description
The main role of an Accounting Lecturer/Senior Lecturer is to engage with the students and make sure that the students, in turn, engage with aspects of the teaching and learning programme-classes, activities and excursions (as required). This means communicating, interacting, and motivating students in their studies.
- A Master Degree in Accounting or a closely related field is required for Accounting Lecturer/Senior Lecturer positions.
- A minimum of two-year proven teaching experience at a recognized university or professional working experience in relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Applicantswho possess professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, CMA, CPA, CFA, are preferable.
- Teaching the Accounting module as required by Ulster University using internationally accepted teaching models.
- Ability to teach the subject across a range of classes varying in intensity and class size. This includes lectures, seminars and tutorials.
If travel to China is not possible at this moment due to COVID-19, teaching will take place remotely. Teaching schedules will be timetabled with teachers’ locations in mind, but candidates should keep in mind that there might be some early morning or late evening teaching.
Remuneration and Life Package
- We are offering an extremely competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China.
- Generousadditional expatriate benefits that include a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid leave will be available. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- We are offering a free apartment on campus or a corresponding housing subsidy instead.
- All visacosts will be reimbursed based on the related invoices upon your arrival.
- Residency permits and working permits will be processed by
- Continuing faculty will receive an amount of increase of salary based on the current paycheck as part of an annual retention plan.
- A compensation for return travel on continuing faculty’s schedulesat the end of an academic year.
All applications need include the following documents in their applications.
- YourDegree Certificate (scan)
- Your2 letters of reference with e-mail contact
- Yourcurrent phone number
- Your front page of passport
Only the applicants who meet the selection criteria will receive a reply from us.
Shuang Liang (Human Resource Manager)
Apply for Lecturers/Senior Lecturers of Accounting * 3 Positions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly