Director of Human Resources
Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
Opening its doors on January of 2021, the new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a grand library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications and nominations for a position of: Director of Human Resources
This position will report directly to the VP of Administration
and Finance and will be responsible for the entire scope of the
human resources function of the University.
The HR Director will be responsible for:
- Develops the HR strategy and structure in line with the University objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities.
- Recruitment and selection of all new employees. Selecting, orienting new employees and ensure that he/she attracts professional and experienced talent to the organization.
- Draft and develop all HR Policies and Procedures and ensure buy-in from all management.
- Evaluate all jobs and draft new job descriptions for all staff. Align competencies to Performance management system.
- Manage all compensation and benefits with the VPAF.
- Responsible for monthly payroll input and provide payroll to the Finance Department for payment
- Developing a performance management framework and coaching managers on performance management issues.
- Manage time and attendance and leave.
- Ensure HR System is maintained and up to date.
- Manage the HR budget and monthly reporting.
- Work closely with managers.
- Influencing, coaching and advising on all people issues, and provide support for change management.
- Advise employees and assist where needed on all work related issues.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date, in line with current employment law and that managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Mediate or facilitate any grievance or disciplinary issues.
- Any ad-hoc work as and when required.
- Must have a degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Five years in a senior manager level
- Must have experience in higher education / a university.
- Must be English native speaker
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management experience.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Director of Human Resources
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly