BUILDING ATTENDANT FOREMAN - NIGHT
BUILDING ATTENDANT FOREMAN - NIGHT
Posting Number: SRGV4711
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To perform supervisory work in leading custodial maintenance staff in performing cleaning assignments.
Responsible for leading, assigning, and scheduling work assignments to custodial maintenance staff who perform cleaning assignments throughout campus.
Description of Duties:
• Schedule and coordinate the work of a group or groups of Building Attendants, advise them of special assignments or changes in work routine.
• Assume supervisor role in absence of immediate supervisor.
• Assist in inventory control and distribution of requested material.
• Assist in evaluation process.
• Inspect completed work of Building Attendants.
• Assist with the implementation of measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product and working conditions in order to increase efficiency of department.
• Receive and handle complaints from occupants of buildings.
• Responsible for issuing necessary building keys to accomplish the work.
• Requisition supplies and maintain supply records.
• Perform routine or special cleaning and custodial functions as needed or required.
• Maintain good working relationships with subordinates, other University employees, and students.
• Supervise the accomplishment of special custodial projects or prepare buildings for special University events.
• Represent Custodial Supervisor in staff and functional meetings.
• Plan and implement new methods and introduce new materials for cleaning buildings and performing related activities.
• Report needs for repairs, supplies and equipment.
• Assist with new employee training, help maintain time cards, and help complete injury reports.
• Assist with decision making on re-assignments, leave requests as well as disciplinary process of employees.
• May be required to have flexible work schedule, to include but not limited to: work evenings, weekends, Holidays and overtime.
• Will be required to carry a two-way radio and/or pager and be available on an “On call” basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision with detailed instructions on special assignments.
General supervision of assigned staff.
High school graduation or equivalent. Ability to read and write English well enough to comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on cleansers, chemicals, and other containers, and to understand work orders, complete time cards, and receive oral and written work directions. Bilingual (Spanish - English).
• Five (5) year of experience in custodial/maintenance or related activities, including supervisory experience, or
• Five (5) years of experience supervising teams of 15 or larger in a service or related environment.
Experience obtained in a University environment.
Personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet and email. Knowledge of janitorial equipment and its care and maintenance requirements.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Work schedule: expected to work primarily night and weekends or rotating schedule including weekends. Usual office building conditions. Some exposure to inclement weather when moving between buildings and emptying trash. May be exposed to other hazardous wastes, chemicals, and/or conditions in research and teaching labs.
Must be physically able to perform all essential functions and duties of the job. Requires considerable stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, lifting, and carrying of heavy objects to perform job duties. Requires moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of heavy furniture, equipment, trash cans, boxes, files, filing cabinets, and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs. when working alone and 100 lbs. with help. Must be able to climb step ladders and maintain balance to clean and wash windows and lighting. Good communication skills. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/22/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26120