University of Idaho
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.02 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform semi-skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of buildings and related facilities and systems; perform related work.
Maintenance staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Experience with semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance trades work.
- Experience using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing and electrical.
- Experience with heating and cooling system maintenance and repairs.
- Experience with basic components and functions of electrical systems, plumbing systems, heating ventilation systems, security lock systems, and mechanical systems in residential type dwellings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the University of Idaho driving requirements.
- Experience/using calculations and analytics to measure, cut, adjust and/or install items in the field.
- Experience working to improve customer satisfaction and continuous quality service.
- Experience working as part of a team and cooperating with others.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience with reliability/dependability through work history, school, business, or references.
- Experience working around students.
- Experience installing carpet, sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl plank, and/or ceramic tile.
- Post secondary education and/or license in one or more of the knowledge areas listed: plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
- Complete safety and compliance training and perform work in a manner that complies with UI safety policies and procedures. Avoid activity that create a serious hazard to themselves or others.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to perform physical activities associated with building and equipment maintenance such as lifting, carrying and/or otherwise moving items weighing approximately 90 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, shovel, and climb and work from ladders; work around wood dust and fumes.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and in awkward positions.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
Posting Number: SP002620P
Posting Date: 10/23/2020
Closing Date: 11/6/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.