Manager, Endpoint Systems
Manager, Endpoint Systems
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for a Manager, Endpoint Systems to join the Technology team. The Manager, Endpoint Systems (“Manager”) will be responsible for overseeing Endpoint systems technology, operations, services, and staff. The manager will design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures related to Endpoint systems. Reporting to the Director, Services and Support, the Manager will plan, develop, implement, and maintain Endpoint related systems and services, as well as audit and assess outcomes. The ideal candidate will be able to identify problems and implement solutions.
Manage Endpoint Systems information technology, operations, services, and staff:
- Oversee operations of systems and services supporting computing endpoints, including endpoint management, configuration, and security tools;
- Manage suite of technical solutions appropriate for a multi-platform environment;
- Recruit, train, and mentor staff, including both full-time and student employee lab monitors; Communicates expectations and evaluates performance;
- Provides leadership along industry best practices, both procedural and technical;
- Communicates frequently with senior management on the status of personnel, services, projects and operations.
Design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures:
- Establish and maintain Endpoint Guidelines outlining the allocation and replacement of desktop and laptop computers, and other endpoint devices owned by the University;
- With Technology Business Manager, maintain Procurement Guidelines and authorize University purchases relating to endpoint technologies;
- Establish hardware and software deployment processes and trains Technology staff in their use;
- Ensure Technology department compliance with Asset Management process. Review weekly inventory reports;
- Work with academic departments to document and facilitate service and software needs relating to faculty, podium, classroom, and lab computers; technology training; lab operations; and software requirements.Create and maintain Service Level Agreements.
Plan, develop, implement, and maintain Endpoint related systems and services:
- Work with departments to research, review, suggest, implement, train, and maintain discipline specific technology supporting the curriculum and academic mission;
- Manage projects supporting endpoint technologies, including the yearly computer lifecycle replacement project;
- Oversee yearly operating system image updates.Ensure deployments maintain software compatibility.Ensure deployed images do not reach end-of-life;
- Supervise application packaging process;
- Manage Endpoint supporting services including: CMDB, License Management, VMware, ESET, and BigFix.
Audit and assess outcomes -- Identify problems and implement solutions:
- Track classroom and lab endpoint usage.Assess statistics and produce reports to provide data enabling efficient deployment and utilization of computing resources;
- Ensure proper management and tracking of computing resources in CMDB.Ensure validity of data;
- Provide additional reports and metrics for senior management as required;
- Monitor security of endpoint resources, accesses risks, responds to incidents.
- Work with Faculty on defining and fulfilling pedagogical computing requirements.Meet with departments regularly.
- Participate in budget process for endpoint lifecycle replacement.Prepare annual budget request for computer replacement;
- Manage desktop software budget.Work with external departments on budgeting their future needs.Maintain appropriate software licensing;
- Assist in evaluating and budgeting capital projects relating to endpoint management and security.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of five years of experience performing systems administration in a managed enterprise of at least 1,000 seats on both Windows and Mac server and workstation platforms. Primary responsibility for at least 5 of the following functions: enterprise lifecycle management application management and administration; endpoint configuration management; automation and scripting; application packaging; patch management; endpoint security management; mobile device integration; remote software distribution; remote support; asset management; operating system migration; virtualization; hosted desktop/applications; endpoint backup; testing; and deployment;
- Minimum of five years of experience with Active Directory administration; experiencing integrating AD with Macs;
- Minimum of five years of experience integrating infrastructure, application and security services into enterprise desktop solutions;
- Certification + 1 or more years of experience administering an enterprise configuration lifecycle management enterprise application (e.g. LANDesk, BigFix, Altiris, SCCM, etc);
- Minimum of five years of experience packaging applications for both Mac and Windows environments;
- Fundamental understanding of common networking protocols;
- Intermediate scripting skills (VBScript, PowerShell, bash, python);
- Ability to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for after-hours support of critical systems;
- Experience integrating mobility device management;
- Experience automating desktop administration processes;
- Experience with hosted desktop, hosted applications, thin clients and/or virtualization.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Manager--Endpoint-Systems_R07176-1
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.