Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking an Academic Dean at our New York Campus.
Oversees development and consistency of curriculum, faculty and assessment for all programs, including acupuncture, massage and nursing. Meets regularly with department chairs, program directors and full-time faculty to provide leadership and direct program and department activities. Assists the campus director with reports required by the accrediting bodies, including the college self-study. Advises and participates on the Student Success Committee, Curriculum Advisory Committee, department, and Professional Advisory Committee meetings. Works closely with the chair of faculty governance to assist with faculty governance committee work. Conducts weekly academic department meetings. Attends weekly cross-campus Academic Affairs Committee meetings. Develops relationships and collaborations with local medical centers.
- Participates in curriculum and syllabi evaluation in collaboration with other academic deans from other campuses.
- Participates with development efforts for new curricula in all programs.
- Provides feedback to the vice president of academic affairs, campus director and president about academic progress and change on the NY campus
- Works directly with department chairs, program directors, and full-time faculty on all levels of academic activity.
- Works with department chairs, program directors on faculty and clinic supervisor performance evaluation.
- Meets with faculty to review teaching evaluations, problems and issues reported by students, mentoring and scholarly development.
- Leads General Faculty, Curriculum Advisory Committee, Dean’s Council meetings each semester.
- Participates in all department meetings every semester.
- Work with faculty on faculty governance committee activities.
- Assists department and governance chairs with setting agendas and running meetings.
- Supports the Curriculum and Program Review Committee in collecting, analyzing and writing reports.
- Works with the Hiring and Promotion faculty governance committee to recruit and interview prospective faculty.
- Supports campus director to ensure staff, students and faculty are following College policy and procedures.
- Works with president and deans to develop new academic programs.
- Works with president, VPs, deans, and the campus director on accreditation activities.
- Liaises and advises the faculty ombudsman.
- Reviews new textbooks and research for inclusion and application.
- Develops and presents teacher training.
- Participates in graduation ceremony.
Required - Possess strong leadership, communication, organizational, writing and analytical skills. Be a role model for faculty in terms of scholarship, professional demeanor and recognition in the field. Have a strong commitment to the vision of the College. Demonstrated history of collaborative academic leadership as a dean or department chair.
Preferred- Good people skills, and a capacity to facilitate and support faculty governance.
Education and Experience:
Doctoral degree, and at least 5 years of academic administrative experience
To apply, please send a cover letter describing qualifications, and resume/CV to Stacy Gomes at email@example.com . The application deadline is December 1, 2020.
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the areas of Oriental medicine, acupuncture, massage and Chinese herbal medicine. Founded in 1986, with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Oriental medicine. Pacific College has campuses in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, and features an diverse faculty of professors from around the globe that conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 1,000 students every year.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for Academic Dean
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly