Chief Diversity Officer
Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
Chief Diversity Officer
Searching for a Chief Diversity Officer and leader of our Office of Diversity Enhancement and Student Programs (DESPO) at The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University.
What YOU Will Do…
As Chief Diversity Officer and a member of ARL's senior executive leadership team, and reporting directly to the ARL Executive Director, you will collaborate closely with leaders of all offices at ARL to develop and support initiatives for all employees related to inclusive diversity and equity in a manner that is aligned with ARL's strategic vision and goals. As the leader of the DESPO team, you will be responsible for the budget, oversight, and direction of this high functioning team, assisting them in promoting an institutional culture of inclusive diversity and equity among students, faculty, and staff.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Education: This is a non-tenure faculty position; rank will be commensurate with education and experience. Typically requires aMaster'sdegree in a related discipline (PhD preferred) plus a minimum of five yearsofdirect-related experience(ten years highly preferred).
- Prior experience working with student, faculty, staff, and/or
diversity, equity, and inclusion programs and
- Familiarity and awareness of Title VI, Title IX, and other
applicable state and federal laws associated with equity,
diversity, and inclusiveness
- Successful management of teams, both in person and
- Demonstrated ability to promulgate a vision and effect
structural change in an organization
- Proven ability to articulate thoughtful leadership and a clear
point of view and facilitate dialogue across various levels of
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to research, identify, and
implement best practices of diversity and inclusion
Preferred experience areas:
- Experience in a University setting/knowledge of applicable
- Experience or knowledge of securing funding for diversity
- Demonstrated success working with minority
- A background in STEM focused networks
- An analytical, data driven mindset
You will be subject to a government security investigation, and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
To view the full job description, and to electronically apply, visit https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PSU_Academic/job/University-Park-Campus/Chief-Diversity-Officer_REQ_0000007844-1.
Located in the heart of Happy Valley, State College, PA, The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University center of excellence in defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas.
Employment at ARL Penn State includes many benefits and rewards, including:
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Generous paid time off program
- Great benefits package
- Professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- 75% Tuition discount for you and your family
- Safe and diverse community
- College sporting event mecca
- World-Class entertainment facilities and events
- Cultural events
- Good public education system
- Activities for all stages of your life
ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part ofour workforce.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on other positions at ARL, visit our web site at http://www.arl.psu.edu.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.