Assistant Director of Residential Life and Student Programming Coordinator
Title of Position – Assistant Director of Residential Life and Student Programming Coordinator
Preparation Date: October 2020
Function of Position: This is a full time, 12 month, live-in position, responsible to the Director of Residential Life for administering and managing student/community development, program/activity assignments, student life/institutional support, residence hall leadership, and supervising staff. This position will work alongside the Director of Student Engagement through collaborative efforts, meeting institution need around campus programming and student engagement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage administrative duties, oversee Resident Assistants, and deliver programs and services to meet needs upper classmen students living in the Residence, The Manors and Knights Village. (40%)
- Coordinate Resident Assistant selection, training, evaluation process, professional development opportunities, and appreciation events. (20%)
- Advise the Entertainment ToKnight (ETK) programming group. (15%)
- Design, facilitate, and evaluate the residence hall programming model and provide leadership and support to help ensure a diverse range of student and campus activities. (5%)
- Serve on-call for the entire residence hall system on alternating weeks throughout academic year, when the college is closed for breaks, and for the entire summer session. (5%)
- In collaboration with Maintenance and Conventions, manage summer housing sessions during the summer months. Select, train, and advise the summer RA and the summer student Office Assistant. (5%)
- Assist with Summer Orientation and Registration along with first year housing assignments and the early arrival housing process. (3%)
- Attend student life and committee meetings. Meet on alternating weeks with Director of Residence Life and the Director of Student Engagement. (3%)
- Provide oversight for Health & Safety inspections in collaboration with the Director of General Maintenance and Cleaning. (1%)
- Establish positive working relationships with building maintenance staff, faculty, and College support staff and collaborate with other Student Life staff members on various student issues. (1%)
- Provide support for the Residence Service Projects and the Senior Year Experience Programming. (1%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Requires Master’s degree or individual working towards a Master’s degree in Student Affairs or related field. Requires clear communication skills and desire to work with college-age students. Candidate must have an interest in residential programs and the development of community and its students. A positive and helpful attitude is required along with a willingness to work in a flexible environment, as a member of a hard-working team. Prefer experience working with diverse populations and in small college residence halls.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented ethnic and minority groups.
Apply for Assistant Director of Residential Life and Student Programming Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly