Full-time Economics Faculty
SOUTHWESTERN ILLINOIS COLLEGE
Belleville • Granite City • Red Bud
FULL-TIME ECONOMICS FACULTY
Job ID 2854
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position in the Business Transfer department within the Business, Health Sciences & Homeland Security division. The appointment is scheduled to be made for the Spring 2021 semester beginning on January 11, 2021.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Develop, teach and maintain courses in the Business Transfer department. Primary teaching assignment will be in Economics. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental, divisional, and/or college-wide committees.
- Master’s degree in economics or master’s in a related field plus a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in economics.
- Previous experience in teaching economics at the college level is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to develop and teach courses using alternative delivery methods such as online and video conferencing is preferred.
- Experience in outcomes assessment is preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers, applicable software, and Internet is required.
- Shall meet the minimum instructor requirements established by the Board of Trustees for all assigned courses.
STARTING SALARY: This is a nine-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2020 - 2021 starting salary at Step 1 on the Master’s degree scale is $49,453. Overload and summer teaching assignments may also be available, which can increase the annual compensation. The College offers a comprehensive flexible benefits program.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on November 9, 2020.
Respond with SWIC application, a cover letter, current resume, a list of three references, and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
Is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator