Lecturer in Environmental Studies (ES) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The University of Central Florida (UCF) College of Undergraduate Studies is seeking applications for a non-tenure earning lecturer in Environmental Studies (ES) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in the Interdisciplinary Studies program. The anticipated start date of the position is August 2021. This is a nine-month position with an expected teaching load of eight courses per academic year, with the possibility of optional summer teaching.
The primary responsibility of this position is teaching regularly offered undergraduate courses in Environmental Studies and GIS, including GIS for Environmental Studies, Advanced GIS Applications in Environmental Studies, and Foundations of Environmental Studies, with the potential for additional ES and GIS courses. The lecturer will also provide appropriate service for the university and program, including coordinating the undergraduate GIS certificate.
One of the nation’s largest universities with over 70,000 students, UCF is a metropolitan research institution, with the Carnegie Foundation’s highest classification for research activity and community engagement. UCF has a diverse student population, with approximately a quarter being first-generation students and a large percentage being multilingual. A Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), UCF awards the second highest number of degrees to underrepresented students in the nation.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Studies, Biology, or comparable life sciences discipline from an accredited institution at the time of hire.
- Potential for research production in Environmental Studies.
- Ability to teach in Environmental Studies and Geographic Information Systems.
- Potential for teaching excellence at the post-secondary level.
- Ability to engage with web-based instruction.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Documented research experience in Environmental Studies.
- Documented teaching experience in Environmental Studies and Geographic Information Systems.
- Evidence of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with web-based instruction.
- Significant experience with professional use of Geographic Information Systems.
Additional Application Materials
The university requires that candidates complete an online application at the UCF HR website, www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit the following:
- A letter of application summarizing the candidate’s relevant background.
- A current CV.
- The names and contact information of three professional references (including at least one reference who has supervised the candidate in a current or recent position). References may be asked to provide letters; however, please do not send letters of recommendation at this time.
Please have all documents ready when applying so that they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit documents at a later date.
The selected candidate will need to provide official transcripts at the time of hire.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is closed. Questions regarding this position may be directed to Richard Plate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Teacher Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya