Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Anesthesia is seeking a highly skilled Anesthesiologist to join our growing anesthesia team at the Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. We will be utilizing a physician-led team-based approach for caring for patients in a variety of clinical and acuity settings.
- A highly competitive pay scale
- Flexible scheduling opportunities; multiple work locations may be possible
- Work/Life Balance: 22 days of vacation, 11 paid holidays and education time
- CME dollars
- Great benefits package including: Health, Dental; Retirement Savings Programs (8% contribution to 401(a)), and more;
To learn more about our benefits, please visit bcm.edu/careers/benefits
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients' conditions throughout procedures
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery
- Monitor patients post-surgery and determine when they are stabilized enough to move to another room or go home
- Manage anesthesiological services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses and other healthcare support staff
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Education: Doctor of Medicine degree with anesthesiology residency.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience as anesthesiologist.
- Certification Required: Board certified in anesthesiology.
- Licensure: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board
- Skilled at epidurals, spinals and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.