Assistant Professor - Gastroenterology
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit an Assistant Professor at the Ben Taub General Hospital and provide provide patient care services for outpatient clinic/procedures and inpatient coverage.
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
- See and evaluate new and existing patients in the clinical setting, in addition to 4-5 outpatient endoscopy sessions per week.
- Participate in the inpatient consult service at Ben Taub hospital
- Develop a treatment plan for patients
- Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by the College.
- Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
- Maintain required certifications and licensing.
- Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations.
M.D. or equivalent and licensed by the Texas Medical Board
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.