Research Technician II
This research program studies genetic and epigenetic gene regulation in heart failure and inherited cardiomyopathy. A combination of mouse model and human induced pluripotent stem cell approach is used. The position is an entry level research technician, who is expected to facilitate research performed in the lab. Opportunities to develop independent project will be provided if the individual shows motivation and capacity.
-Genotype, set up mating, wean mice
-Help prepare for animal surgeries
-Lab ordering and inventory
-Manage mouse colonies
-Assist with basic lab tasks and duties
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Experience in mouse colony management and lab management.
- Additional experiences in molecular biology or cell culture.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated recent graduate.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston