Biologist in Flow Cytometry
We are seeking to hire a biologist to be stationed at the NIST Gaithersburg Campus located in Gaithersburg, Maryland, close to Washington DC. The person hired for this position will help to implement automation-based bioassays to create a high-throughput measurement infrastructure for flow cytometry and engineering biology.
Required qualifications :
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in biology, bioengineering, immunology, biochemistry or related field
- Experience working with laboratory automation systems and flow cytometry
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, manage, and overcome technical hurdles
- Good communications, laboratory, and organizational skills; the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and high-throughput workflows;
- Adept at utilizing automation, e.g. automated liquid handling system to assist with complicated or lengthy workflows
- Hands-on experience handling large scale data streams
- Hand-on experience with flow cytometry analysis software, e.g. FlowJo, and/or other bioinformatic analysis software/R programming
- Experience working in cell-biology laboratories
- Experience in cell culture, high-throughput screening, and/or assay development and optimization
- Experience managing and coordinating projects
Interested candidates should submit applications, including a cover letter, full curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three professional references.
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg