Building Maintenance Worker
Position Title: Building Maintenance Worker
(A) Graduation for a regionally accredited of New York State registered college or
university with an Associate’s Degree in construction, engineering technology, or a
closely related field; OR
(B) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma
AND two (2) years of experience in custodial, building maintenance, or grounds
maintenance activities; OR
(C) Three (3) years of experience in custodial, building maintenance, or grounds
Note: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience as described above will be
pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements.
This is semi-skilled work involving responsibility for independently performing a variety of building maintenance tasks. General instructions are received and work is performed under immediate or general supervision depending upon the nature of the task. The incumbent performs related work as required.
- Sweeps, mops and waxes floors, washes walls, windows and blackboards, cleans erasers, dusts, and performs other cleaning duties;
- Cleans and mops lavatories and locker rooms;
- Dusts desks, woodwork, furniture, and other equipment;
- Makes minor repairs to furniture, electrical fixtures, windows, and window shades, locks, faucets, heating system, and other equipment;
- Empties waste baskets, collects, and disposes of rubbish;
- Replaces soap, towels, light bulbs, and other supplies;
- Keeps simple clerical records related to cleaning and maintenance tasks;
- Receives, moves, and stores incoming school supplies;
- Arranges chairs and tables and other equipment for special use of school buildings;
- May operate a light motor vehicle in transporting supplies & equipment;
- May operate a computer to receive, maintain, manage and disperse information as required;
- Performs a variety of errands and related custodial tasks.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire. This position will require approval through the Oneida County personnel application process.
Review Start Date: 10/27/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica