Vice President of Student Affairs
The Vice President of Student Affairs is the chief student-personnel officer of the University and, under the direction of the President, works collaboratively with campus administration to guide and promote student life/support services as a comprehensive, integrated approach towards enhancing and improving the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of DSU students. The Vice President serves as the senior executive office responsible for providing leadership and general management of units within the division, namely Dean of Students’ Office, Multicultural Inclusion Center, Booth Wellness Center, Campus Recreation, Student Involvement & Leadership, Veteran & Military Services, and the DSU Testing Center. Information about the division can be found online at https://studentaffairs.dixie.edu/ .
- Work collaboratively with campus administration to guide and promote student life/support services as a comprehensive, integrated approach towards enhancing and improving the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of DSU students.
- Keep the University President and campus leaders advised of all significant current problems or conditions affecting student life/support services, making appropriate recommendations for correction and/or improvement.
- Effectively manage by providing direct supervision, modification, training and support to the directors within associated areas. Oversee Student Affairs budget and resources for personnel and organization.
- Develop and maintain a properly coordinated delivery of essential student services by organized the various units and sub-units in a logical, non-duplicate and effective manner to best meet the work requirements of the division and the needs of the student body.
- Encourage high morale and quality student service through a leadership style that both encourages and enables employees to strive for the achievement of annual established goals and objectives. Manage the achievement of division goals by developing effective controls to guide work effort towards expected outcomes.
- Ensure divisional compliance with the institutional mission by reviewing and approving unit plans, goals and objectives, and service activities.
- Support positive relations for the University by communicating and interacting with city, state, and other officials in matters related to Student Affairs.
- Ensure, through personal leadership example and supervision, that all personnel and activities of the Student Affairs division project a favorable image of the University upon staff, student body, faculty, and the general public.
- Support the overall success of Student Affair by serving on university committees, as appropriate, and facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Support and assist the President in providing regular reports, developing resolutions for approval of the President and action by the Board of Trustees, and completing other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Business Administration, Educational Leadership, or related field required; PhD or terminal degree within a related field is strongly preferred.
- Eight years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education, preferably in student affairs/student development, required.
- Substantial experience with analytical, data-informed and resulted-oriented decision-making, as well as being an astute observer of market trends in higher education.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication, marketing, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to project a strong positive image of the University through public speaking, personal interaction with parents, faculty, staff, students, and others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfactory solve problems commonly found within the higher education environment required.
- Proficiency in organizing and managing complex functions and the ability to gain the trust and confidence of students required.
- A demonstrated commitment to developing staff, fostering teamwork, managing changes, and promoting a diverse environment required.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time executive staff position. Salary is based on competitive market structure, depending on qualifications and experience. Desired start date of Summer 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins January 4, 2021 ;position open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the St. George community.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. Click here to learn more about the University.
DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George