Assistant Director - the Center for Financial Literacy and Education (CFLE)
The Center for Financial Literacy and Education (CFLE) at West Virginia University invites applications for the position of an Assistant Director.The Assistant Director will schedule, manage, and oversee the staff and the activities of the Center. These activities will involve the coordination of research, teaching, and outreach efforts aimed at expanding the four pillars of the CFLE both within WVU and externally. The Assistant Director will also play an active role in helping the Executive Director to define the vision of how the Center can best pursue its research, teaching, and outreach. This position will transform the research of Center-affiliated faculty into outreach programs. The Assistant Director will also seek out opportunities to connect students in the finance department with Industry, develop Industrial partnerships, manage internships and expand job placement in the key areas within the CFLE. Finally, the Assistant Director will be heavily involved in development efforts including industrial partnerships and grants, naming opportunities for the CFLE and its programs and initiatives, and sponsorships from individuals and firms.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Serve as the coordinator for the Certified Financial Planning Program, which will require bi-annual reaccreditation, management and identification of instructors for the program, and student advising and management. These responsibilities will require working with the registrar and the students within the CFP program to collect all data pertaining to the program, run annual reports, and compile and write the reaccreditation report and annual report for the CFB Board. They will also be in charge of the management and recruiting of the adjunct faculty who teach in the program in conjunction with the department and chair.
- Train faculty, staff, and other key stakeholders on financial literacy topics using a train the trainer model.
- Analyzes markets and develops strategies to expand our programmatic and outreach for constituents within the estate of WV and beyond.
- Serves as the key POC for the Jump $tart Coalition and manage the activities related to the CFLE's involvement in the organization
- Effectively pursue internal and external grant and funding opportunities to support programming.
- Advise student clubs and conduct seminars for various student groups across campus
- Work with cross-campus collaborators in Extension, Wellness, Financial Aid, and 191 course leads to conduct strategic growth of our programs and relationships for the broader campus and state-wide community.
- Use Qualtrics and advanced analytical techniques to collect and analyze data to write reports examining the efficacy and impact of programs.
- Coordinate research, teaching, and outreach efforts aimed at expanding the four pillars of the CFLE both within WVU and externally by facilitating with strategy, goal formation, monitoring, and management of the four pillars.
- Spearhead the planning and management of annual budgets.
- Create a network, and build relationships among constituents from industry and academia, which will allow the CFLE to bring valuable individuals to campus. This job function will require organizing and scheduling invitations, itineraries, and accommodations for visiting scholars and lecturers and guests.
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive outreach and fundraising initiatives by working closely with members of the B&E Development office.
- Develop and manage strategic and working alliances with colleges, schools, and units within WVU to identify joint projects to promote the Center's mission.
- Manage and supervise CFLE graduate students and student workers.
- Manage and direct outreach initiatives by scheduling, inviting, and participating in Center activities both within West Virginia and with external constituencies.
- Update and maintain the Center website and social media presence.
- Maintain a close working relationship with both the communications and development offices to ensure proper promotion of Center activities and growth of revenue streams and annual giving.
- Assist with the planning and participate on student trips to financial centers such as NYC, Charlotte, NC, and Chicago.
- Maintain, develop and foster relationships with finance alumni and help to organize alumni events.
- Organize, promote and grow the impact and engagement of Finance University and other similar seminars. Work toward developing enduring strategic relationships with corporate sponsors to ensure that this critical outreach program is self-funded.
- Other administrative duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
- Master's degree in a related field; or an equivalent
combination of experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- One (1) year of experience with the following:
- Experience interacting with finance industry professionals in investments and financial services;
- Experience developing strategic initiatives;
- Fundraising experience;
- The ability to run performance metrics;
- Experience with program coordination and event planning.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel required (up to 3 weeks per year).
- Experience working with high-end users.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown