Informatics Teaching Fellow
Working Title Informatics Teaching Fellow Department College of Informatics Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number new Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
NKU seeks candidates who are committed to innovative teaching. In particular, with this position, we seek to grow the cultural and academic diversity of the faculty.
The Informatics Teaching Fellow will have the equivalent of a “4-4 load.” The fellow will teach a 2-2 credit load for the academic year; 2 courses each semester in the information systems core or in health informatics. The remaining load will be reassigned time split between time devoted to becoming an effective teacher in the discipline (approx. 1-1) and time to further/complete research (approx. 1-1).
The successful candidate will receive a 1 year, temporary full-time, non-tenure-track faculty appointment (August 1 – May 31) and will be eligible for some benefits, including health insurance. In addition to salary, Fellows receive mentoring, support for research, professional travel, and other related expenses.
A Master’s degree in Information Systems or a related field and progress in a doctoral program in Information Systems or related field.
Preference given to applicants who are working toward the completion of doctoral work.
In order to successfully apply for this open position, attach the documents below, and submit your application online.
1. A cover letter
2. A diversity statement. This statement should provide the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional career. In line with the University’s Affirmative Action Policy, candidates are not expected to disclose their identity or membership either in the diversity statement or in other application documents submitted to the search committee. Demographic information is solicited through the application process; however, those data are confidential and are not provided to members of the search committee.
3. A curriculum vitae (showing experience/understanding of diversity issues in higher education).
4. Three Letters of Recommendation
Application/documents received by the review date of November 1, 2020 will receive full consideration; however, the posting remains open and applications may be submitted until the position is filled.
Applicants must provide names and contact information for recommendation providers, one of whom must be the dissertation advisor. Our online hiring system will automatically generate solicitations for letters of recommendation using contact information provided.
Letters of recommendation should be submitted via the uniquely assigned link and per the instructions included in the solicitation letter automatically generated if/when the recommendations are required. Letters should be addressed to:
NKU COI Diversity Teaching Fellow College of Informatics, Office of the Dean.
500 Griffin Hall. Nunn Drive
Highland Heights, KY 41099.
Candidates for these positions must be members of underrepresented racial/ethnic groups as defined by the Kentucky Council for Post-Secondary Education URM definition. http://cpe.ky.gov/policies/diversity.html.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Terminal Degree Appropriate to Discipline
Requisition Number 2020F500 Job Open Date 10/22/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9672 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement
- Evidence of teaching style and effectiveness
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport