Nursing Laboratory Assistant
The School of Nursing serves 1,000 graduate and undergraduate students. Faculty and staff work with colleagues in our Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences to create innovative interprofessional educational experiences that prepare students for today's healthcare challenges. The Center encompasses 325,000 square feet designed for collaborative learning including 48 pro-section stations, 16 standardized patient rooms, an exceptional health sciences library, 7 high-fidelity simulation rooms including 2 ORs and a PACU, health assessment labs, advanced diagnostic imaging equipment and classrooms outfitted with the latest technology. As one of a few schools in the nation to be holistically endorsed, we emphasize the psycho-social and spiritual aspects of care, as well as the physical. We offer traditional, accelerated, and RN-to-BSN programs at the baccalaureate level. At the graduate level, our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares baccalaureate graduates to be nurse anesthetists or nurse practitioners specializing in adult-gerontology or families. Post-master’s online options are specifically designed for advanced practice nurses and nurse leaders. An online master’s program prepares graduates for careers in mid-level management, with courses in informatics, education and quality improvement. To find out more about our School of Nursing, please visit https://www.qu.edu/schools/nursing.html.About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
- Preparation, set-up and breakdown of technical and clinical equipment within the simulation and skills laboratory settings.
- Organization, arrangement and restocking of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Utilize all appropriate university software, including simulation software.
- Inventory management, equipment inspection, cleaning and minor repairing of equipment.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in technical training as necessary.
- Programming simulation software.
- Providing technical assistance and support to faculty in the use of simulation and skills lab equipment
Work hours will fluctuate between days, evenings and weekends; work schedule will change each semester and each summer term based on the needs of the school. Training hours may differ from work hours.
Employee must be capable of team lifting, shifting, pushing, pulling simulation equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who
have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac
University does not sponsor employment based visas for this
- Please note: This is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Unit
- The hourly rate is $23.40
- This is a 10 month position
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in North Haven
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in North Haven
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in North Haven
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North Haven
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in North Haven