The Department of Biology and Chemistry invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure instructor of Biology to join our faculty. This is a full-time, nine-month, non-tenure track position at the Instructor level.
Major responsibilities include teaching undergraduate introductory Biology courses with labs, Human Anatomy and Physiology (I &II) with labs, Immunology, Medical Terminology, Pathology, in support of the Applied Biology and Forensic Biology degree programs. The standard teaching load is 18-24 credit hours per 9-month academic contract in addition to meaningful service to the university, region, and/or profession is also expected. Candidates should demonstrate potential for excellence in undergraduate teaching.
Embry-Riddle is a small prestigious, private, residential university in the mountains of Arizona; faculty/student interactions are highly valued and are central to the draw for many students and faculty. Prescott is rated as one of the desirable destinations in the Southwest. At over 5000 feet above sea level, Prescott boasts a mild climate, clean air and wonderful outdoor opportunities nearby. The chemistry laboratories and prep rooms are housed in a new STEM building, opened in fall of 2017, with a Planetarium.
Applicants must hold a master's degree in Biology discipline with teaching professional experience working in their field. Preferred Qualifications
- A Master degree, in an area of biological science or related area.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous university teaching experience in Human Anatomy & Physiology, and a record of mentoring university students preparing for medical school.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are able to teach a variety of biological science courses, including anatomy & physiology, immunology, and related laboratory courses.
- A broad experience outside the university in applied physiology.
- Experience teaching and meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
To be considered, candidates should submit the following documents in their application:
1. Cover letter
3. Teaching Philosophy.
4. The contact information of at least 3 references, with one speaking to teaching ability.
5. Unofficial transcripts from accredited institutions
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott