Senior Payroll Analyst
Reporting to the Payroll Services Manager, this exempt position is an integral member of the Payroll Services Department and provides support in processing payroll for over 3800 faculty, staff and student employees in the University’s Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System. The Senior Payroll Analyst coordinates and participates in a variety of critical activities involved in processing the University’s payroll in a multi-state environment to ensure that all payroll payments are made in an accurate and timely manner; to assist with ensuring the University complies with all reporting and filing requirements of the payroll function; and to be responsive to its internal and external customers.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Enter payroll data updates into the University’s Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System on applicable payroll cycles; validate employee master file.
- Critically review and analyze payroll results and variances, IRS Forms W-4, wage garnishments, deduction set-ups, and all other pertinent information in the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System.
- Assist the Payroll Services Manager with processing the University’s global (international) payroll using the ADP Streamline platform.
- Train supervisors and managers throughout the University community with respect to time entry and approval responsibilities and promptly and professionally follow-up with supervisors, managers, and employees if there are discrepancies with respect to timesheets or payroll disbursements.
- Manage termination payroll disbursement processing for terminating employees, and process manual paychecks and direct deposits, as needed, including (but not limited to) following up with relevant managers and departments to ensure all entries are input into the Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist the Payroll Services Manager in maintaining the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System; ensure the System is setup to be in full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal laws and regulations relating to wage and hour compliance, payroll processing, tax withholding, and ERISA.
- In partnership with the Payroll Services Manager, create and update various reports utilized in processing, monitoring, variance tracking, and improving internal controls in the University's Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System.
- Review tuition remission (TR) integration to determine tax liability; notify employees of tax implications.
- Review work study integration results to confirm proper setup and make necessary updates to previous results to ensure proper funding.
- Review benefits integrations to ensure proper processing.
- Process outbound integrations to ADP and other benefit suppliers.
- Assist with audit requests and other special projects, as assigned.
- Assist in updating department policies and procedures.
- Manage part-time student employees in the Payroll Services Department, which may exist from time to time.
- A minimum of three years prior experience in payroll
- Knowledge of payroll related laws and regulations in a multi-state environment preferred
- Highly motivated, a strategic thinker, possess strong analytical skills as well as proven problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, demonstrate ability to work independently, have a high degree of integrity, and able to work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues across the University
- Demonstrable knowledge of Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System preferred
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel and database skills to aid in the creation and maintenance of required payroll reports
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills; strong attention to detail
- Operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a strict level of discretion in maintaining employee confidentiality and protecting operations
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or in another relevant field is required or equivalent training and experience that encompass required math skills, knowledge of payroll, taxes and benefits, and analytical problem solving
- Hands-on payroll experience
- Working knowledge of wage and hour regulations and payroll tax fundamentals
- Electronic time and attendance recordkeeping and/or payroll processing experience
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach