Football Director of Operations
San José State Athletics is an integral part of the University and exists to promote the common good through athletic competition by providing equitable opportunities for men and women to compete at the NCAA Division I level. The athletics program strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment emphasizing academics, compliance, student-athlete welfare, fair play sportsmanship and Spartan Pride. https://sjsuspartans.com/
Brief Description of Duties
- Responsible for assisting in all phases of a Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) program which includes, but is not limited to, staff management, NCAA compliance regulations, third party vendor management, student-athlete housing, squad lists, team travel (ground transportation, airlines, hotels, meals practice locations locker room set-up, timelines)
- Budget oversight
- Coordinate facility coordination, field usage and meeting room space.
- Plans and implements on –campus recruiting visits and functions.
- Develops databases of prospective student-athletes, coaches, donors and friends of the program.
- Serves as a liaison to university and community groups and works with department administration to establish game day filed needs, coordinate credential requests and serve as primary liaison to football student-athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to compose and correspondence and reports; working knowledge of work processing, spreadsheet and database management applications.
- Ability to work, communicate and develop rapport with students, alumni, administration and community groups.
- Candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience
understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity
– in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and
academic preparation – through inclusive teaching strategies and
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity
to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might
have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and
other comparable experience.
- Master’s Degree
- 2 years Division I coaching/recruiting experience
- Knowledge of NCAA and Mountain West Conference rules and
Athletic coach appointments are temporary by nature, expire at the end of the term stated and do not establish any future appointment rights. The position does not qualify for or lead to tenure but may be extended on an annual basis.
Salary Range - To commensurate with experience.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
San José State University enrolls over 35,700 students, a significant percentage of whom are members of minority groups. As such, this position is for scholars interested in a career at a national leader in graduating URM students. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution; 40% of our students are first-generation, and 38% are Pell-qualified. The university is currently ranked third nationally in increasing student upward mobility. The University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
San José State University is California’s oldest institution of public higher learning. Located in downtown San José (Pop. 1,000,000) in the heart of Silicon Valley, SJSU is part of one of the most innovative regions in the world. As Silicon Valley’s public university, SJSU combines dynamic teaching, research, and university-industry experiences to prepare students to address the biggest problems facing society. SJSU is a member of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San José State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Advertised: October 19, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time