IT Support Analyst
University Code 24111 University Title IT Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title IT Support Analyst Position Number 550270 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This posting will be used to recruit for 2 positions. Provide technical support, troubleshooting and repair for SOM Departments; includes desktop computing, mobile devices, endpoint management for Windows/Mac based hardware/software systems in a networked environment. Work closely with faculty and staff in the assigned department(s) to get a thorough understanding of their goals and priorities in order to accurately assess their technology needs. Serve as a point of contact for computing issues ranging from IT procurement to deployment and maintenance. Coordinate enterprise application support through VCU and VCUHS Helpdesk and IT staff. Responsible for operating system deployments, software installation and support, workstation/device security management and network support. Ensure that IT hardware, systems and tools are in compliance with VCU, VCU Health, or other organizational policies and procedures as applicable. Coordinate with team members on IT asset management system, inventory tracking, purchase, replacement, disposal/surplus of University equipment
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Demonstrated modern knowledge of desktop support and endpoint computing concepts and their implementation
• Demonstrated knowledge of common business software programs including Office365, MS Office Suite, e-mail clients, and web browsers
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Mac based systems
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve common desktop software, hardware and communications issues
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and coworkers to provide technical support, consultation and training.
• Ability to communicate complex information so that it is understandable to novice computer users.
• Ability to effectively write clear documentation, instructional material and reports.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve desktop and client/server application problems at all technical levels using enterprise tr troubleshooting tools, email, or onsite/offsite visits.
• Working knowledge of best practices in PC and Mac desktop standards, security, and administration.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base to provide technical support, consultation, and training in computer systems operations and technology
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for a short distance.
• Ability to perform duties independently in a timely and punctual manner.
• Ability to perform duties in a diverse work environment with frequently shifting priorities
• Demonstrated commitment to and success in service and client satisfaction.
• Excellent written and oral communications, supporting an ability to establish trust and create confidence.
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Expected start date for these positions will be January 2021
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 10/22/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101294 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe how you ensure good customer service in a dynamic IT
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your level of expertise with Macs, especially with
resolving operating system configuration issues (e.g. networking
and security issues)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the general process you use when prioritizing
tasks, duties, and projects in an enterprise IT support
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond