Posting Number S01312 Position Title Program Navigator Internal Position Title Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
College of Lake County is seeking a Program Navigator for the NSF Engineering Scholarship program.
The Navigator will work to establish solid pathways from partner high schools to CLC, and then to a university engineering program. They will work with contacts within the schools to assist with identifying potential candidates, arranging for class visits, encouraging participation in summer camps and workshops, and the distribution of recruitment materials in both English and Spanish. They will promote the program and opportunities using email, social media, and in person.
The Navigator will use a similar process to identify current CLC students, since many may not be aware of opportunities in ECS fields or the NSF Scholars program. They will assist new students’ transitioning in to the CLC engineering program, provide academic resources/guidance to current CLC students, work with and assist students who are experiencing difficulties with their studies by identifying barriers to completion.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Good organizational skills, interpersonal communication skills and ability to prioritize work required.
3. Ability to work in a team environment.
4. Organized and efficient in record keeping and updating.
5. Strong working knowledge of personal computers and software
6. Ability to drive to locations within Lake County and attend high school functions.
7. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Technical writing proficiency
2. Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures used to coordinate events
3. Bilingual language skills (Spanish)
Posting Date 10/22/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $20.31/hour Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 19 Work Schedule
Hours will primarily be during a typical school day (8am to 4pm) with some flexibility as needed for recruitment events.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
• Participate in team meetings with core NSF team
• Perform routine, timely and accurate data entry of narrative information and required data elements to ensure the full and proper tracking
• Document student interactions and progress through various program components
• Assist with the planning and coordination of recruitment events
• Establish solid pathways from partner high schools to the College of Lake County
• Work with contacts within the schools to assist with identifying potential candidates, arranging for class visits, encouraging participation in summer camps and workshops, and the distribution of recruitment materials in English and Spanish
• Assist new students’ transitioning in to the CLC Engineering Program
• Provide academic resources/guidance to current CLC students
• Work with and assist students who are experiencing difficulties with their studies by identifying barriers to completion.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- * Are you proficient in technical writing?
- * Do you have the ability to drive to locations within Lake
County and attend high school functions?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Engineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake