QA & Software Engineer/IDS - NICE-CyberCorp
California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: Full-time (40 hours a week), temporary "non-exempt" benefited position through October 31, 2021 (with the possibility of a one-year renewable appointment based on availability of work, availability of funds and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $5,000.00 - $6,666.67 per month.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 5, 2020.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review new and current web application features and user interfaces for code quality, useability, maintainability, and security.
- Review new and current cybersecurity labs/environments for quality, maintainability, and realism.
- Design, build, and maintain automated testing systems for web application features and user interfaces.
- Design, build, and maintain automated testing systems for cybersecurity lab/environments.
- Advise and assist in the development of new web application features and user interfaces.
- Scoping development effort, resource requirements, and timeline estimates for assigned tasks.
- Field support queries from various users, including those which require active technical troubleshooting.
- Mentor student developers with varying knowledge levels and skill sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Online Communications Platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc)
- Virtualization Concepts & Technologies (VMware, Openstack, etc)
- Networking Fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, IPv4, IPv6, Subnet, Vlan, etc)
- Network/Systems Monitoring Tools (Icinga, Nagios, etc)
- Scripting Languages (Bash, Powershell, etc)
- Programming Languages (Python, Ruby, etc)
- Common Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgresql, etc) & SQL
- Modern Server & Desktop Operating Systems (Windows Server/Desktop, Linux, Unix)
- Security Tool Suites (Metasploit, Burp, Beef, NMap, etc)
- Automation Tools (Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Code SCM Tools (Git, Subversion, etc)
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- 2 Years of Relevant Technical Experience.
- Experience working directly with students and educational staff at both the K-12 and higher education levels.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining technical educational labs.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This is a sensitive position and selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement
- CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays and Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance - Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu