Financial Accountant II
Financial Accountant II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position is responsible for maintaining fixed assets, construction in process assets, and serves as co-security officer for FAMIS and USAS.
- Maintain accounting controls on fixed assets. Complete the asset and construction reconciliations on a monthly basis. Review and approve pending assets. Reclass local and System Managed Projects as needed.
- Prepare Annual Financial Reports - Exhibit & Schedule including but not limited to N2 and CANSS Report.
- Act as a consultant on accounting matters and assists various departments including but not limited to Student Engagement, College of Education, and Community Outreach in applying financial data to solve operating problems.
- Inventory Management and Training. Implements automated departmental transfers (TDP) for inventoried and non-inventoried items going to surplus. Assist with the Certification of Inventory annually.
- Complete the cash drawdowns for various federal and state contracts on a daily, bi-weekly or monthly basis. Prepare SF272 quarterly reports DHHS and NASA. Review and contact grant offices of discrepancies between drawdown monies and FAMIS accounts. Create refunds to agencies as needed.
- Serve as co-security officer for FAMIS (Financial and Management Information System) and USAS Security to include but is not limited to initial set ups, password resets, deleting users, and departmental routing updates.
- Manage missing / stolen property.
- Analyze and prepare high-volume account reconciliation. Perform advanced assignments and serve as a resource to recognize, investigate, and resolve outstanding items through entries, meetings, correspondence, identifying corrections, and follow-up. Work with other reconcilers to resolve issues.
- Train the campus community on various trainings for Accounting Services including Departmental Correction Request (DCR's), FAMIS, Canopy, and Marketplace.
- Set up and maintains account controls and records.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, financial reporting, and/or financial systems.
- Additional education and/or experience may be considered as a substitution for the minimum requirements.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent accounting and reconciliation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Master's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Experience in the financial department for an institution of higher education.
- CPA license or successful completion of CPA exam.
- Familiarity with FAMIS, BANNER, Business Objects, Laserfiche and USAS.
- $40,712 - $50,000 Annual
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Financial-Accountant-II_R-033417-1