GIFT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
GIFT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV4705
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: McAllen, Texas
Department: Advancement Services
Scope of Job:
Performs a variety of complex duties associated with a highly confidential gift processing function. Responsible for receiving various gifts to the University in the form of pledges, payments, matching gifts and other comparable methods.
Description of Duties:
• Receives and processes gifts in the form of cash, checks, credit cards, or other valuables as well as more complex transactions such as in-kind gifts, payroll deductions or oil and gas royalty payments.
• Works with UT System’s Development and Gift Planning Services for gifts of stock and other publicly traded products, gifts of insurance, and to establish endowments and process estate gifts.
• Remains current with Regents Rules and UT Foundation guidelines regarding gift acceptance policies and procedures.
• Analyzes and properly deposits appropriate funds according to University policy.
• Enters gift information in an accurate and timely manner into database system.
• Assists in the maintenance of online database of alumni, friends, community leaders, corporations and other University constituents.
• Processes and manages computer-generated receipts and pledge reminders.
• Ensures that gift documentation and acknowledgement letters are filed for donors.
• Sets-up and manages appropriate campaign, appeal and constituent codes.
• Prepares reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Endowment and Gift Services Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent as outlined below.
Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or in a closely related field.
Four (4) years of clerical, administration support and/or bookkeeping experience with basic understanding of accounting principles. Applicable education will be accepted on a one-on-one basis.
Experience with alumni donor database such as Raiser’s Edge.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Ability to analyze and solve problems. Knowledge of matching gift policies and procedures. Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet, database, and word processing software. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to multitask while managing multiple projects and assignments in a timely manner.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26093