Posting Number: SRGV4710
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Planning and Analysis
Scope of Job:
To support assigned campus units (e.g., colleges, divisions) with budgeting processes such as preparing, monitoring, analyzing and reporting of budget information, as well as assist with tasks from budget revisions to position control.
Description of Duties:
• Assists campus users with budget management, including providing support for reviewing and processing budget revisions to ensure transactions are accurate and complete.
• Provides support to campus users with position control, including maintenance of salary roster for assigned areas.
• Updates and monitors expenditures and revised budget as directed.
• Reviews and processes personnel action forms (PAFs).
• Participates in the analyses of financial and statistical data and preparation of financial projections.
• Participates in research of position control and budget exceptions; detection and correction of inaccuracies as directed.
• Monitors variances and deficits for assigned areas; initiates corrective action.
• Conducts analysis with financial data and prepares reports.
• Provides analytical support to financial analysts or other staff.
• Assists with training campus users and preparing training materials in topics related to budget.
• Assists with annual operating budget development.
• Other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management or related field.
General accounting/bookkeeping experience.
Work experience in accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting or related field.
Use of standard office equipment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and budgeting practices. Ability to analyze financial data. Strong attention to detail. Strong work ethic, good time management skills, effective at oral and written communications, detail-oriented, good problem-solving and analytical skills, able to work as a team member, and able to adapt to changes.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/21/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26108