Professional Development Coordinator, AMSTI
Professional Development Coordinator, AMSTI
Athens State University
Closing Date: 11/11/2020
The Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative (AMSTI) Professional Development Coordinator is a member of the AMSTI staff and reports to the AMSTI Site Director. The primary responsibility is the daily operation of the AMSTI office.
- Assist AMSTI staff as office information manager performing
routine office duties
- Assist with planning and implementation (including
registration, scheduling, and reimbursement, etc.) of the AMSTI
Summer Institute and other AMSTI training sessions during the
- Maintain and revise the AMSTI databases including those
involving teachers and trainers
- Assist the AMSTI Director; Assistant Director, and Business
Manager in compiling data and preparing reports
- Assist the Business Manager in preparing and documenting
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments (maintain site
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Draft and proofread correspondence and other
- Assist in the effective operation of a materials distribution
and refurbishment center
- Respond to inquiries concerning AMSTI operations and practices
in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- Communicate effectively with area public school administrators
and teachers and SDE personnel
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Perform other duties assigned by the AMSTI Site Director
• High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and database software
• Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication
• Current driver license and acceptable driving record
• Some higher education preferred
• Previous office experience preferred
$27,130 - $45,533
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience and the Alabama Math Science & Technology salary schedule.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.