Assistant Librarian, User Experience
Assistant Librarian, User Experience
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Library Operations Staff
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Mary and Jeff Bell Library at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) is seeking an innovative User Experience Librarian to provide leadership, vision, and support for the library's user experience efforts. The User Experience Librarian will be aware of trends related to inclusive user-centered design and accessibility, and work collaboratively with colleagues to implement projects, programs, and events designed to improve users' experience of the library.
The successful candidate will display an understanding of how to implement principles of good web design and identify emerging web-based technologies that promote user engagement with the library's website. This librarian will provide advice, training, and support for library staff involved in the creation of web content and collaborate with the appropriate Library Technology Services staff in designing and maintaining a functional, attractive, and usable website and mobile platform. This librarian will participate in the initiatives and programs of the User Engagement Department and collaborate closely with the entire Research, Learning & Engagement team.
- Leading user experience studies of the physical and virtual
library spaces. This can involve physical space assessment, web
design assessment, accessibility compliance, suggestions for
improvements, as well as revision and maintenance of library web
- Leading web-based interactive efforts in areas including, but
not limited to, social media channels and the library
- Participating in event planning, promotion, and assessment -
with an emphasis on applying user experience techniques to improve
established events and identify new opportunities for events and
- Providing reference desk services in person, via phone, and
through various online channels.
- Serving as subject liaison and participate in subject area
collection development and departmental liaison work, including
providing subject specific information literacy, providing research
consultations, maintaining subject guides, and creating online
point-of need tutorials as needed. Assist with first year
instruction, particularly in subject area learning communities, and
instruction in upper level courses in liaison areas.
- Participating in research and scholarly/creative activities and
serve on library, university, and/or professional
- Increasing professional competence through formal and informal
study and professional development activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Mary and Jeff Bell Library provides resources and services to assist users with their research and information needs. Over ½ million items are listed in the online catalog, and many more items are accessible through our electronic resources. Over 340 online databases and over 150,000 print and electronic journals through subscriptions and full-text databases contain scholarly material to assist students in completing research projects or assignments. The Library provides both in-person and virtual reference service, research skills and information literacy instruction, interlibrary loan, an I-Create makerspace lab, and over 170 computers for research and coursework. Special Collections and Archives houses a wealth of resources focusing on Corpus Christi, the Coastal Bend, and South Texas.
- Master of Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited
- Experience leading usability studies and designing
user-centered spaces (digital and physical).
- Demonstrates knowledge of best practices in accessibility, web
design, and current web design tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent
interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively
with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an enthusiasm
for identifying new opportunities to enhance library services and
build partnerships across campus.
- Two (2) years of related experience with user
- Experience creating complete interface designs and web
graphics, and utilizing user-centered technologies that enhance
website interactivity and improve the functionality of and access
to research tools.
- Can demonstrate strong analytical skills, and experience with
tools and technologies relevant to evaluation, measurement, and
assessment of library services.
- Experience with project management.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application.
2. A current curriculum vitae.
3. A list of three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.
The posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Librarian--User-Experience-and-Web-Design_R-033268-1