The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK) invites nominations and applications for the position of Registrar.
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic, innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University has been offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with around 10,000 full-time undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates, and more than 8,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
Further information can be found on the University’s website, http://www.ouhk.edu.hk/.
The University is looking for a person of high caliber with strong leadership to take up the position of Registrar.
The appointee shall be responsible to the President via the Provost for the overall management of the Registry. His/her major duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- leading and overseeing all aspects of registrarial functions such as admissions and registrations, student administration, academic secretariat, academic quality assurance as well as student statistics and analytics;
- introducing measures to re-engineer and streamline the functions and operations of the Registry for enhancing effectiveness and efficiency; and
- undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
He/she will also serve as the Secretary to Senate and a member of the Management Board of the University.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- a recognized degree, preferably a higher degree;
- substantial relevant registrarial and management experience at a senior level in the tertiary education sector;
- knowledge of student administration systems;
- high integrity, visionary, resourceful, collaborative and innovative;
- strong leadership and excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills (both in English and Chinese, preferably including Putonghua).
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, composite cash allowance, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Please submit applications or nominations to the Director of Human Resources via the OUHK eRecruit System (https://ouhk.taleo.net/careersection/mgr_post/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en) on or before 22 November 2020.