Transfer Student Success Coordinator/College Futures Foundation
Transfer Student Success Coordinator/College Futures Foundation
California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: This is a temporary non-exempt, benefited position through June 30, 2022 (position may be renewed based upon available funding, availability of work and satisfactory performance).
Salary: $4,250-$4,465 per month commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; hours will vary depending on need with typical hours being 8 am to 5 pm. Some weekends may be necessary. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 4, 2020.
Summary: The grant funds received from the College Futures Foundation to implement a multi-year plan to increase Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) completion among Cal State San Bernardino (CSUSB) transfer students. This work will enhance transfer student support services and create a Transfer Success Center linking CSUSB services with the 12 regional Community Colleges in the San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. In addition, this position will support CSUSB Strategic Plan Goal 1 - Student Success and Graduation Initiative 2025 with regards to transfer students 2-year and 4 year graduation rates.
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the supervision of the Director of Orientation and Transition Programs, the Transfer Success Coordinator will work independently to:
- Recruitment and support of students transferring to CSUSB by managing community college territories and the recruitment of ADT transfer students to CSUSB.
- Develop workshops and presentations on CSUSB admissions, Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) programs and services, attending college and career fairs, and work collaboratively to communicate, develop and maintain relationships with college counselors to market CSUSB.
- Assist and coordinate recruitment events and programs on a day to day basis and serve as a liaison between CSUSB and off campus constituencies.
- Represent CSUSB at Community College advisory meetings, annual CSU system-wide Counselor Conferences, and at national college fairs.
- Monitor, track, and research the number of prospective leads and applicants collected from each service school.
- Prepare, analyze and evaluate recruitment goals and initiatives, and program/event activity reports.
- Meet with transfer students on a regular basis to discuss admissions eligibility issues in relation to impacted major and eligibility guidance, provide pre-admission counseling to prospective students and customer service to students on a continuous basis in person (one on one and in group settings), on the telephone, and electronically.
- Enter inquiries of prospective students in Prospect Database.
- Facilitate an understanding of admissions policies and procedures between the applicant, families, education professionals, the campus community and ASR.
- Develop, plan, and provide on-campus high profile recruitment of transfer students focused on the ADT transfer students. These events include but are not limited to Preview, Application Workshops, collaborative programs with Financial Aid and academic advising as appropriate, Coyotes Connect, Counselors' Day, and others.
- Coordinate with schools and individuals seeking a small group tours to provide services as requested.
- Develop, plan, and implement a transfer student peer mentoring program which includes recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of day-to-day work of transfer peer mentors.
- Support and supervise a team of transfer peer mentors who provide additional peer to peer mentoring / counseling for transitioning transfer student.
- Assist with workshop presentations on ADT pathways and CSUSB admissions.
- Provide general administrative support to the day-to-day functions of the transfer success coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Service or other related field.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in Higher Education field.
- Must have experience with recruiting students, student records management/training, preparing workshops, coordinating student services, and serving as a liaison to target schools.
- Strong organizational, management, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate work experience with or the ability to participate and facilitate activities listed in job duties and in grant narrative.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, exercise sound judgment, determine priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines.
- Applicants must possess the following critical strengths including, but not limited to: reliability, attention to detail, and strong self-initiative.
- Must possess the ability to work with students and set a positive example.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Service or other related field.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in college readiness and/or outreach programs.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project's target population.
- Community College professional experience.
- Experience with FAFSA and other financial resources such as grants, work study, loan forgiveness, and scholarships.
- A working knowledge PeopleSoft experience is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish), strongly preferred.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This is a sensitive position and selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement
- CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Holidays and Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu