Vice President of Equity and Inclusion
CLASSIFICATION Administrator 6
WORK AREA Office of the President
HOURS OF WORK Monday-Friday (8:00 am-4:30 pm)
EMPLOYMENT CONDITION Full-time, Unlimited, Unclassified
SALARY RANGE $80,858-$129,377 annually
THE COLLEGE COMMUNITY
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is an open-door, comprehensive higher education institution committed to excellence in teaching and learning. We are committed to responding to the educational needs of our changing communities and to providing opportunities for enhancing knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment. Our goal is to strive for inclusive excellence in our commitment to preparing all students and employees for success.
The aligned institutions of Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) and Anoka Technical College (ATC) are members of Minnesota State. With over 100 degree, certificate, and transfer programs across three campuses, ARCC and ATC have served the citizens of the Twin Cities and East Central Minnesota since 1965. We recognize and assert the value of inclusion as an ethical imperative and as a necessity for academic rigor, student success, and lifelong learning.
Our commitment to inclusive excellence seeks to extend beyond academic offerings to meet diverse student interests as well as regional and economic needs. ARCC has campuses in both Cambridge and Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Annually, the two colleges (three campuses) serve more than 16,000 learners of all ages and ethnicities as they pursue associate degrees that transfer as the first two years of a bachelor’s degree, or technical and certificate programs that lead immediately to rewarding careers. The student population at ARCC is composed of 0.5% American Indian/Alaska Native, 5.9% Asian, 9.2% Black or African American, 5.6% Hispanic of any race, 0.1% Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander, 65.7% White, and 4.6% multiracial and 22.5% first-generation students.
Our college prides itself in our support for students’ holistic needs and we have many students who are first-generation students, students with disabilities, veteran students, nontraditional students, and students who identify as LGBTQA. We are also committed to creating a vibrant and diverse community of employees at ARCC, with 15% of our current employee population being people of color. For more information about our college, please visit our website at http://www.anokaramsey.edu.
The Vice President of Equity and Inclusion position exists to create a comprehensive vision providing strategic leadership for both Anoka Technical College and Anoka-Ramsey Community College in the development and implementation of college-wide goals to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and work environment where all members of the college community can fulfill their academic and employment goals. This position is a member of the President’s Cabinet and is the President’s primary advisor on issues regarding equity and inclusion. This position will oversee policies, procedures and programs in support of the colleges’ strategic plan, strategic diversity plan, the campus’ diversity climate and the system goal of Equity 2030.
The aligned colleges have three campus locations: Anoka, Cambridge, and Coon Rapids. The successful candidate’s home campus will be on the Anoka-Ramsey Community College Coon Rapids campus but will be required to work on any of the three campuses.
- Three (3) years of relevant, progressive leadership experience in designing, implementing, sustaining and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Presentation skills and interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills sufficient to facilitate with diverse audiences addressing complex topics.
- Demonstrated success in partnership development with internal and external clientele.
- Demonstrated experience collecting and using data to assess success of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience in budget management and demonstrated ability to seek and obtain external resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Federal, State, and local laws for equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Master’s degree
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with curriculum development.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE) “Standards of Professional Practice for Chief Diversity Officers in Higher Education”
- Five (5) years demonstrated higher education leadership experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Three (3) years demonstrated experience supporting C-Suite or College President in a leadership capacity.
- Terminal degreeAPPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Please complete the Anoka-Ramsey Community College online application form at https://anokaramsey.peopleadmin.com and upload these documents:
- Cover letter addressing the required and and any preferred qualifications
- Resume detailing educational background and professional experience
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
- Diversity StatementDiversity Statement prompt: “Summarize in a
personal statement your past experience in addressing equity,
inclusion and diversity in your work and how you would advance our
efforts at Anoka-Ramsey Community College and Anoka Technical
College.”Within your application material, please address how you
meet the qualifications for this position. Incomplete applications
may not be accepted. The safety of all members of ARCC is of vital
concern. The Clery Act Campus Crime & Security Report is
available to perspective employees at http://www.anokaramsey.edu/about-us/safety-security/.
The campus Title IX Coordinator is Michael Opoku and can be
contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (763) 433-1272.It is
our commitment to insure the selection process for this position is
accessible to all candidates. Please contact the Human Resources
Office, (763) 433-1160, to obtain these materials in an alternative
media and/or to request a reasonable accommodation during the
selection process. NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State
Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on
college/university business, whether using a personal, rental, or
state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle Use
Agreement check annually.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is an equal opportunity institution and employer.