Vice President of Finance & CFO
As the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Norwich University, the Vice President of Finance fulfills the mission of Norwich University by: leading all financial activities of the University to include budgeting, planning, accounting, and investing; directing the preparation of current financial reports and summaries; and creating forecasts predicting future financial outcomes.
- Works with the President, other executives, and related University committees to plan and establish financial priorities and objectives.
- Oversees the operations of Financial Affairs, University Budget, Human Resources, Facilities Operations, legal risk management, and vendor contracting.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Manages all policies and procedures required to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial, insurance, taxation, and property requirements.
- Ensures that records and reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or international financial reporting standards.
- Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
- Collaborates with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit.
- Provides strategic guidance around capital financing options to support University growth needs.
- Analyzes University's financial results with respect to income, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets.
- Manages University cash flow.
- Coordinates preparation, review, dissemination or timely
submission of: Monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; tax
schedules, returns and information; financial statements (income
statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and governmental agency
reports); financial forecast; annual budgets
Please visit our web site for a complete job description.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance is highly desired.
- Certified Public Accountant designation is highly desired.
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management.
- Recent leadership experience with a budget in excess of $100 million, preferably in higher education.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Northfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Northfield
- Financial Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Northfield
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Northfield