Assistant Professor - School of Nursing
The Millikin University School of Nursing invites applicants to apply for a faculty position to teach in its CCNE-accredited baccalaureate, master’s, and DNP programs. The position is a ten-month, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning August 1, 2021.
The qualifications for the tenure-track Assistant Professor positions include:
- Evidence of strong clinical skills and the ability to facilitate student learning and success;
- Possession of an unencumbered RN licensure in Illinois;
- Preparation at the doctoral level; consideration given to an applicant with a Master’s degree in Nursing for a nontenure position with willingness to enroll in a Doctoral within 2 years;
- Preparation and clinical experience in Medical -Surgical Nursing. Other specialty areas will be considered;
- Experience teaching in nursing programs with prowess in hybrid and online teaching preferred;
- Minimum of two years of clinical practice experience;
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service at the university level;
- Possession of professional qualities which advance successful collaboration within the diverse nursing and university programs of the university;
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Director of the School of Nursing, to whom this position reports.
* Tenure-track status requires the terminal doctoral degree. Millikin University offers a tuition-waiver for individuals who hold advanced practice nursing masters’ degrees.
To complete the online application, candidates are directed to https://millikin.edu/employment. While completing the application, candidates will be prompted to submit a Letter of Application, a Curriculum Vitae, (including the names and addresses of three references), and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy. The application letter should discuss specifically how one’s professional experiences and perspectives relate to the needs of the position and of Millikin University. The University’s mission, vision, and values statements may be reviewed at: https://millikin.edu/about/mission-values
Salary commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.
Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package.