Graduate Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Missouri Western State University located in St Joseph, Missouri (just 45 minutes north of Kansas City), has a great opportunity for a qualified Graduate Student to assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Missouri Western is an NCAA Division II institution, which successfully competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) in 16 sports.
The Graduate Assistant (GA) will provide support and assistance to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. The GA receives full graduate school tuition covering a maximum of 36 credit hours as well as a monthly stipend.
• Assists the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all athletic teams.
• Performs daily strength and conditioning coaching duties; such as program design and implementation for several sports as assigned, student-athlete rehabilitation in conjunction with sports medicine staff, research projects and reading assignments, daily/weekly weight room cleaning duties and maintenance of exercise equipment.
• Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with all athletic coaches and staff, sports medicine personnel and student-athletes.
• Bachelor’s degree, and employment is contingent on
acceptance into MWSU Graduate School
(3.0 GPA required for admission).
• Must be CPR/AED certified.
• Knowledge of University and NCAA rules and
• Previous experience in collegiate strength & conditioning and/or private sector preferred.
• Must hold or be working towards a nationally accredited certification (SCCC, CSCS, USAW).
Job requires long hours standing on your feet and includes movements such as but not limited to; bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, hinging, lunging, reaching, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
Must be willing to work late evenings, nights and weekends on occasion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• The candidate must be knowledgeable in human physiology, basic biomechanics, corrective exercise, injury rehabilitation/return to play protocols, and proper energy system development of athletes.
• Must show a willingness and desire to learn and grow in the profession.
• Must be able to handle a high workload in a demanding environment and be well organized
Hours of Work:
Varied Schedule, 20 hours per week
GISC-Herzog Weight Room location
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Student Affairs Non-Tenured Track Not specified Part Time jobs in Saint Joseph