The District Marketing and Communications Department strives to create and maintain a strong, highly integrated district wide strategic marketing plan, essential to promoting the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) brand, building public awareness and a positive image of CCC, and supporting student recruitment strategies. In addition, the external communications program advances City Colleges' strategic performance goals and leverages the coordinated resources of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Reporting to the Director of Content Communications, the Content Manager is responsible for creating, writing, and editing copy content for a wide range of marketing communications initiatives and strategically managing the interactions necessary to produce quality content for marketing and communications. The position supports the Marketing and Communication Department's content strategy and marketing objectives, and in alignment with the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC's) mission and goals. Demonstrating outstanding project management ability, copywriting skills for digital and print media, and as a marketing and communications team member, the Content Manager writes with creative flair and produces high quality content that is on-brand for a variety of audiences, and serves as a careful copy editor and proofreader to ensure that web/digital content and print publications meet high editorial standards. Performs related duties as required.
- Manages content projects from concept through to delivery. Engages strategic leaders to insure accuracy of content and effectiveness of content to achieve marketing and communication goals.
- Functions as a capable project manager with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced agency-like environment.
- Manages producing in-bound marketing content as well as content for earned media and internal communications.
- Provides high-quality writing and editorial expertise for a diverse range of marketing and communications projects to build awareness and increase engagement between CCC and its constituents.
- Researches, writes and edits text/content for marketing communication pieces for use in print and digital marketing campaigns (broadcast, radio, video, web, mobile SEO, online banner advertising).
- Participates in creating a content strategy for social media marketing and writes copy for various social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, Snapchat).
- Develops original copy for use in all external marketing materials such as radio, copy, TV creative, display advertising, native editorial, posters, and flyers, with the objective of driving awareness of CCC, its programs, and achievements.
- Ensures copy incorporates CCC's marketing messages, adheres to CCC's brand identify guidelines, and advances and supports CCC's communications and marketing goals.
- Proofreads creative pieces prior to final artwork release. Ensures that final edit-art interactions produce polished and accurate work.
- Participates in the process of generating ideas and creating original concepts that result in effective and compelling communications materials and creative marketing campaigns.
- Works with key stakeholders to create text/copy for use in marketing projects ranging from brochures to web pages and email campaigns.
- Creates content (written, copy, photos, videos) for website, social media platform, and publications.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or a related field
- Two years of professional copywriting experiences in an advertising agency or marketing environment
- Experience producing marketing copy for higher education institutions preferred
- Detailed knowledge of current marketing, media and social media trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of Internet-based content strategy and creation
- Project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment essential
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank your for your interest in City College of Chicago!