Arts and Sciences Manager for Business and Operations
The Arts and Sciences Manager for Business and Operations is responsible for overseeing all accounting functions in the Arts and Sciences division, working closely with the Finance Office and the Controller’s Office; coordination of facilities issues and improvements, working closely with academic departments and programs; and administrative oversight and coordination of key college committees. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, Administrative and Professional staff position reporting to the Dean of Arts and Sciences or a designee approved by the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
Budget and Finance:
• Preparing the annual divisional operating budget, personnel budget, and capital budget, including equipment and facilities maintenance and improvement; assisting department heads in relation to accounting policies and procedures.
• Monitoring the status of accounts of approximately 35 departments and programs within the division as well as grants through the Office of Foundation, Government, and Corporate Grants. Assisting department heads with budgets and accounting procedures where needed.
• Managing and reconciling the division’s accounts including endowed and restricted funds using on-line data from the campus-wide Banner information system. Keeping records of divisional encumbrances.
• Managing, auditing, and reconciling requests for payment, reimbursements, transfers of funds and creation of new and deletion of old accounts.
• Budgeting and monitoring faculty research funds and project accounts.
• Developing faculty salary models used in budgeting and planning.
• Coordinating complex reports, analyses, and projections for the Dean’s Office.
• Facilitating communications between the Controller’s Office and departments; working with department chairs and administrative assistants, as well as other administrative offices in the College.
• Preparing reports, analyses, and projections for the Dean’s Office as requested; assisting the Dean and staff with strategic budget planning and other data analysis.
• Serving as Dean’s designee for approving of purchases, providing access to financial resources, and making financial and operational decisions.
Arts and Sciences Operations:
• Participating in capital budget planning, including equipment and facilities maintenance and improvement.
• Working closely with the Facilities Construction and Facilities Operations office concerning Arts and Science related building improvement projects and maintenance including serving as the A&S representative on the Facilities Committee.
• Working with departments and programs to prioritize needs and represent the interests of A&S departments and programs.
• Serving as conduit between the Human Resources, the Dean’s office, and departments reporting to A&S.
• Assigning office space for the division and assisting with transitions for faculty and staff.• Managing and facilitating PeopleAdmin hiring process including the job posting, applicant hiring and hiring proposal.
• Supporting department chairs in the management of administrative assistants. Providing information and supporting documentation to the OCOPE union about position changes and attending monthly union meetings.
• Serving as building manager over multiple academic buildings.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Marginal job functions:
• Gather, analyze, modify and implement information for technical and non-technical users
• Work closely with internal customers and external consultants to coordinate the successful operation and enhancement of complex systems
• Work as an effective change agent
• Prioritize diverse tasks and meet deadlines and results oriented
• Work independently in a self-directed manner
• Detail oriented
• Master’s degree
• Knowledge of budget procedures and computerized accounting, including creating and working with Oracle databases and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
• Experience working in an academic department, or similarly complex environment; demonstrated ability to work with a diverse constituency; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment.
• Experience working with unions in an academic setting.
• Knowledge of facilities management including building maintenance and improvements.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication with the ability to communicate effectively with all components of the College and external constituents
• Strong organizational skill
• Familiarity within an Apple OS computing environment, Filemaker Pro, Qualtrics, Blackboard, SGT/Banner, Argos reporting and Oracle database report writers. Experience in an academic institution or similarly complex environment.
Within the range established for this position, salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
All applicants will be required to complete an online application, provide a cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elyria
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elyria
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elyria
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elyria
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elyria