Job Summary: This position is responsible for performing skilled maintenance work in the field of automotive maintenance including the licensed vehicle inspection, upkeep, cleanliness, organization and Pennsylvania State compliance in the following areas: automotive bay, secure office, and maintenance of vehicle and key records.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Class C Driver's License (no inspections performed on vehicles exceeding 17,000lbs GVW)
Certification in specialized fields, i.e. licensed state automobile inspector
Hiring Range: $36,606-$45,758
o Experience with snow removal.
o Experience operating heavy equipment and machinery.
o Experience maintaining generators.
o Experience with welding and fabrication.
o Additionally, any level of experience working with electrical circuitry, HVAC or BAS, plumbing, or are a licensed Pool Operator.
Job Specific Task List:
- Perform skilled work in predictive, preventive, and corrective automotive maintenance on all owned and leased vehicles and equipment; respond to campus service needs of flat tires, dead batteries, gas needs, disabled vehicles, and other vehicle related needs. - (Essential)
- Assist and monitor the underground fuel storage tanks and maintain compliance and records for government agencies. - (Essential)
- Monitor and track the HACC vehicle and equipment numbering and decal systems. - (Essential)
- Maintain roadway infrastructure including pothole repair, signage repair, and installation and line painting. - (Essential)
- Perform periodic cleaning of vehicles, equipment, and provide street sweeping services in campus areas. - (Essential)
- Record maintenance schedules, statistics, and activities as required on assigned computer systems and specified forms and documents. - (Essential)
- Assist in the titling process, update annual vehicle registrations, received donated vehicles, and ensure proof of insurance in vehicles. - (Essential)
- Perform outdoor maintenance when needed, such as snow removal and salting. - (Essential)
- Attend staff meetings, serve in an on-call rotations for campus emergencies; assist other department operations, when needed to ensure continuity of operations. - (Essential)
- Travel to other campus locations as needed. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Oct 21, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Nov 22, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg