MSF Rider Coach Motorcycle Instructor
Posting Job Title
MSF Rider Coach Motorcycle Instructor
Continuing Education and Organizational Development
Number of openings
The MSF Rider Coach is responsible for participant learning in the classroom and on the training range for the basic rider and the experienced rider course in accordance with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) standards. Responsibilities include classroom and range instruction, supervision of a range aide, and assuring safety standards are maintained. Instructors must maintain required certifications.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
• Must currently hold a valid MSF Rider Coach certification in the State of Kansas
• Agree to abide by the MSF’s Rider Coach Rules of Professional Conduct, which includes wearing protective gear in route to/from and during class (if riding a school or personal motorcycle)
• Must be in good health and physically fit
• Must be able to work with a co-facilitator
• Above-average communication skills
Must be able to stand for 8 or more hours continually. Must be able to bend at the waist, rotate upper body consistently while in the action of climbing or kneeling, bend at the knee continually while in the action of climbing or kneeling, and rotate neck while in the action of driving. Must be able to carry 25 lbs. Must have manual dexterity for manipulation of vehicle tools and equipment. Reflexes must be adequate to ensure safety while operating a motorcycle and golf cart. Must be able to speak loudly to overcome surrounding noise. Must be able to tolerate exposure to extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Must be able to read, understand instructional materials and speak clearly to relay information. Must be able to judge distances in relation to safety while moving. Must be able to accurately gauge distance, speed and trajectory of moving objects. Must be able to think quickly in emergency situations. Must have the ability to continually evaluate students within their surroundings to ensure maximum safety of all students/staff. Must be confident in personal skills with the ability to project confidence to new riders.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 3 or more years of MSF Rider Coach experience
Required application documents
Please submit a resume with the application.
Hours per Week
Hours and days will vary.
Salary Grade Level
Competitive rate of pay
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 21 Oct 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Dec 2020 Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lenexa