The Department of Otolaryngology at West Virginia University is seeking a full-time General Otolaryngologist to expand our general otolaryngology and allergy services. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will be actively involved in the teaching of medical students and otolaryngology residents. Opportunities are available for those interested in clinical/basic research.
The department provides expertise in all subspecialty areas of Otolaryngology. 16 full time faculty members and 6 APPs provide clinical care at 4 locations, including the VA hospital.
- Paid relocation and 100% employer-contributed 401a
- Research and academic opportunity / excellent work-life balance with little call
- Free college tuition to WVU for dependents / onsite childcare
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of fourteen member hospitals and six hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Morgantown, West Virginia is located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, white-water rafting, and Division I college athletics.
Successful candidates must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license and must be board certified/eligible by the American Board of Otolaryngology at the time of appintment. Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials.
Please view the links below to learn more about WVU’s Department of Otolaryngology.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYViIirG6O0 & feature=youtu.be
For additional information, please contact Kelli Piccirillo, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com . Apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/morgantowncareers/ .
WVU & UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)