Health Occupations Manager
Work Site Location: Workforce Training Center
This position coordinates, implements, and oversees all Workforce Training Center (WTC) non-credit bearing healthcare course offerings (e.g. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), mental health) including the financial health of these operations. Acts as an industry liaison with the healthcare sector in support of all NIC healthcare course or program offerings. Supports and strengthens relationships with healthcare partners by assisting with talent supply and demand through industry liaison role.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Oversees and directs non-credit CNA and other healthcare instructors and support staff. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and manages performance of CNA and healthcare instructors and staff.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of multiple non-credit healthcare courses and programs.
- Oversees clinical onboarding process for students entering various facilities, to include background checks, badge acquisition, health screening, and scheduling site rotations. Manages the clinical grid for all the CNA programs in Kootenai County. Initiates and maintains affiliation agreements with clinical partners.
- May instruct Certified Nursing Assistant and healthcare courses and State Skills Exams as appropriate.
- Plans, schedules and prepares CNA and healthcare courses for Workforce Training Center catalog.
- Develops and manages healthcare and related grant budgets. Administers budget, including tracking and reporting expenditures and monitoring throughout the fiscal year.
- Promotes and markets courses to the public. Develop marketing materials for distribution.
- Maintains compliance for Career and Technical Education, State Board of Nursing and Department of Health and Welfare concerning nursing assistant and other healthcare programs/courses. Provides these agencies with statistical analysis and reports outcome standards.
- Initiates and conducts bi-annual advisory committee meetings for CNA and other healthcare courses and/or programs
- Cultivates new industry partnerships.
- Collaborates with credit bearing healthcare divisions and enrollment services to bridge non-credit students to credit bearing degree programs. Engages in meetings that pertain to the success of all healthcare programs offered college wide. In collaboration with NIC healthcare division chairs, assesses healthcare educational needs and workforce trends through community engagement and research.
- Based on research and assessment, designs, develops, and implements industry relevant non-credit healthcare courses or programs, as well as may support design and development of industry relevant credit healthcare courses.
- Actively participates, in collaboration with NIC healthcare division chairs, in decision making as members of the CTE Health Chair Committee member. Attends bi-annual meetings, conference calls as scheduled, frequent communication throughout the year to ensure program alignment throughout the state.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s Degree and 3 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years full-time related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, to include supervisory experience.
Must have experience in managing, evaluating, and driving program performance to include implementing changes to improve program performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to hire, supervise and coach effectively
• Ability to conduct effective training and presentations
• Ability to promote and market
• Ability to design and develop in demand healthcare related curriculum that lead to industry recognized credentials
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines while exercising sound judgment and discretion.
• Ability to collect data, interpret and analyze data.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Advertised: 21 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Nov 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene