Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship
As the Entrepreneurship, Assistant Professor you will teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and curriculum development; be responsible for developing a program of research; and participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teaches 3 courses, research and service for our student startups in our Incubator and/or Accelerator Program.
Additional Job Description
- Earned Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship or relevant field from a regionally accredited institution.
- ABD will be considered if the degree is conferred by January 4, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD at time of hire, appointment will be made at Assistant level on a fixed contract.
- Evidence of successful teaching and research.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the university, with a demonstrated ability or potential for developing a successful research program.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available January 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any additional required documents from the job posting.) The following are the additional that should be uploaded in that section:
- Cover Letter
The position will close end of day on Thursday November 5, 2020.
Salary is $120,000 - Negotiable
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers