Assistant/Associate Professor, Social Work
The Department of Social Work at Florida Gulf Coast University invites applications for a full-time, continuing appointment, nine-month position beginning August 2021. Faculty with experience at the Assistant or Associate Professor level are encouraged to apply. Candidate’s primary appointment will be teaching clinical coursework in the MSW program with some teaching responsibilities in the BSW program.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach a 3/3 (Fall/Spring) load of core and/or elective social work courses per academic year with primary emphasis on clinical practice courses in the MSW program with some teaching responsibilities in the BSW program.
- Provide professional academic advisement to students; contribute to course and/or curriculum development; engage in research/scholarship.
- Actively participate in service to the department, college, university, and community.
Additional Job Description
- Earned doctorate in Social Work (Ph.D./DSW) or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited social work program.
- Two years practice experience in clinical social work.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Experience teaching clinical social work practice courses.
- Scholarly expertise in mental health, substance use disorder, trauma-informed care.
- Experience with the development and delivery of on-line coursework.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical social work practice.
- Understanding of and commitment to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
- Must value continued scholarship as well as service to the community and university.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in university teaching and distance learning.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
This position is listed as “open until filled”
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers