Field Education Coordinator/Instructor I, Social Work
As the Field Education Coordinator/Instructor I, Social Work you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees all aspects of the social work field education program for students in both the BSW and MSW programs such as internship agency recruitment and retention, student placement, field instructor training, and annual reporting.
- Serves on department, college committees, or both.
- Attends faculty and college meetings as required.
- Be available for scheduled office hours as posted.
Additional Job Description
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Two years of generalist practice experience.
- Previous experience as a Field Education Coordinator/Director at a CSWE-accredited program.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Instructor I.
- Teaching experience in social work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position also comes with an administrative appointment as the Field Education Coordinator for the BSW and MSW programs in the Department of Social Work. The individual in this position will receive a 75% administrative release from teaching (50% release for the MSW program duties and 25% release for the BSW program duties). Appointment will be made on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
This position is listed as “open until filled”.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers