Senior Administrative Assistant
Posting Number S01311 Position Title Senior Administrative Assistant Internal Position Title Senior Administrative Assistant Department Center for International Edu. Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Director, International Center for Education the Senior Administrative Assistant supports all administrative activities outlined in and related to the International Center for Education. Center activities are developed to foster an organizational culture and climate that fully supports global education and welcomes diversity. Components of the Center include curriculum development, grant projects, supporting international travel, and supporting international students.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
3. Minimum of one year work-related experience
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
5. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
6. Demonstrated experience multitasking and working with persons of diverse backgrounds.
7. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate’s degree
2. Previous experience in budgetary management/accounting
3. Fluency in a second language
4. Experience creating fillable forms in Adobe Acrobat and Word
5. Graphic design experience
6. Knowledge of student database systems
7. Previous experience supporting and working with international students.
Posting Date 10/21/2020 Closing Date 11/15/2020 Expected Start Date 01/05/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $18.59/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours may vary based on the needs of the college.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Category & Duties % of time
Student/customer service – 20%
1. Provide front desk coverage to screen and assist visitors to the Center for International Education.
2. Assist in responding to prospective international student inquiries via email and walk/in.
3. Monitor CIE general email account and follow up as needed.
4. Supervise front-desk student worker coverage/customer service training.
Department operations/processes – 70%
1. Provide daily administrative and technical support to the Director, Center for International Education
2. Assist in the marketing of study abroad programs, international student programs, and other CIE efforts and events.
3. Assist with development of fliers, posters and PowerPoint presentations, coordination of content on the CIE website.
4. Coordinate room reservations, van reservations, and catering for CIE related events as needed at the guidance of the Director.
5. Assist with student programming efforts, including International Education Week, workshops and other special events.
6. Attend, participate and take minutes for the International Education Committee meeting.
7. Assist with preparation and organization of New International Student Orientation.
8. Assist with check in and processing of new students including generating CLC ID numbers, medical insurance holds, and other compliance related issues.
9. Assist in the logistical support of study abroad faculty leaders.
10. Assist in the maintenance of PeopleSoft records for international students (adding/removing F1 positive indicators, holds, etc.)
11. Follow up with Study Abroad students regarding payments, application issues, and other deadlines surrounding documents, etc.
12. Aid the director with budget preparation, estimation, rationalization, tracking and implementation
13. Process all necessary payments coming out of the Center for International Education
14. Assist in the marketing of study abroad programs, international student programs, and other CIE efforts and events in collaboration with Public Relations for print publications, e-mails, and webpages.
Data entry/reporting – 10%
1. Assisting with application management and record keeping of student files, collecting and summarizing student waiver forms, and enrolling students in required travel insurance.
2. Assist with agent contract management including updates, commission payouts, tracking of payments, and data tracking.
3. Budget Reporting.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of one (1) year work-related
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Office?
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have previous experience in budgetary
- * Are you fluent in a second language?
- * Do you previous experience supporting and working with
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- International Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake